COVID VACCINE INFORMATION
PATIENTS AGED 50 AND ABOVE WHO HAVE NOT YET BEEN VACCINATED AND HAVE A MOBILE PHONE NUMBER ON THEIR RECORD WILL HAVE RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENTS AT WOODCHURCH LEISURE CENTRE, PATIENTS WHO DO NOT HAVE A MOBILE NUMBER WILL HAVE BEEN CONTACTED DIRECTLY BY THE SURGERY.
PLEASE PHONE THE SURGERY FOR AN APPOINTMENT IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED AND ARE AGED OVER 50.
The West Wirral vaccination site is located at Woodchurch Leisure Centre.
COVID Vaccination information for patients
Please ensure that you attend for BOTH Vaccinations, as you will not develop immunity to COVID-19 with just one vaccination.
If you become unwell prior to your appointment, please let us know so that we may offer your appointment to someone else.
You should not receive the vaccination if any of the following apply:
- You have had any other vaccination in the 7 days prior to your appointment
- You have had a positive COVID-19 test or symptoms in the 4 weeks prior to your appointment
- You have a history of confirmed anaphylaxis and/or have to carry an Epipen
- You feel very unwell on the day (significantly unwell, have a temperature, etc).
- You are pregnant, planning pregnancy in the next 3 months, or breastfeeding
- You are aged under 16
Common Side Effects:
Very common: may affect more than 1 in 10 people
- pain at injection site
- muscle pain
- joint pain
- Common: may affect up to 1 in 10 people
- injection site swelling
- redness at injection site
- Uncommon: may affect up to 1 in 100 people
- enlarged lymph nodes
- feeling unwell
Directions to the Vaccination Site:
Woodchurch Leisure Centre, Carr Bridge Road, CH49 8EU
- Approaching from Upton Bypass – follow the COVID-19 Vaccination site signs from Sainsbury’s roundabout
- Approaching from Arrowe Park Road – follow the COVID-19 Vaccination Site signs from the junction with Ackers Road, just before Asda Supermarket.
What will happen on the day
- Marshalls will guide you through the site
- Disabled parking is available at the site
- You will need to be able to walk approx. 30yds from the car park to the building – seating is available, please bring appropriate walking aids, if required toilet facilities are available on-site
- Please wear loose clothing and short sleeves if possible, as the injection will be in your upper arm
- You can bring one friend/relative with you, if needed
- You will be at the site for around 20-25 minutes as we will need to observe you for around 15 minutes after the vaccination
- Please bring appropriate spectacles, hearing aids, etc. if required, for watching a short video and completing a short form (name, date of birth, usual GP practice)
COVID Vaccine Details
We have been provided with the Pfizer Vaccine.
Please visit the Gov.uk website for further general Vaccine information: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoLD1o8jB7QIVR57tCh1-eALEEAAYASAAEgJ3a_D_BwE
Please visit the Gov.uk website for further information on the Pfizer Vaccine:
Frequently Asked Questions regarding the E-Consult process
E- consult FAQ's.pdf